Eggs – 5 Beauty Benefits You Never Heard Before
Eggs are one of the major sources of protein and, when we talk about eating eggs, it is widely used worldwide. The reason for this is simply because the egg has many nutrition benefits for health when it comes to eating.
Let’s come to your favorite topic now, what are the beauty benefits of eggs?
Apart from eating eggs, there are many beauty benefits of eggs. Such as weight loss, hair, skin, nails, face.
And do you know the best thing about eggs?
Wait wait, don’t forget to check the egg expiry date before you buy them as egg expire as well.
1. DIY Egg White Peel Off Mask
Egg white contains a large amount of protein (3.6gm in one large egg), and because of this protein it has a skin-tightening effect. Egg white also absorbs excess oil from the skin.
So, an egg white face mask will be perfect for your skin to remove all the dirt and oil. Here is how you can make a DIY face mask using egg:
Before you apply a face mask, please wash your face with warm water and dry.
- The first step is to separate the egg white in a container.
- Once the egg white is separated, apply it directly on your face with the help of a flat brush.
- Take the tissue paper and cover your face.
- Once the tissue paper is stuck, again apply a layer of egg white on it.
- Let it dry and peel off the mask with full force in the opposite direction of your facial hair.
This face mask will help to remove your facial hair, dirt, blackheads, and dead skin.
2. Eggs for Hair – DIY Egg Hair Mask
Eating eggs is not the only way to get nutrition for your body and your hair growth.
Proteins in eggs build, maintain, and replace the tissues in your body including your hair. This is the reason eggs are known to provide the best nutrition to your hair.
Here is how to make a DIY hair mask:
- Take one egg in a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of yogurt in it.
- Now add a few drops of any essential oil of your choice in it.
- Whisk well all the ingredients until fully mix.
- Apply in your hair roots with the help of a hairbrush.
- After application, cover your head well with the covering cap.
- Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash thoroughly.
3. Stronger Nails
Egg white contains a large number of proteins, so your nails too. If you feel you have dry and brittle nails, and your diet is not helping you much, then you can try outer source to get those shiny and healthy nails. Follow the steps below:
- Crush few cloves of garlic
- Add them in an egg white
- Whisk well until completely mixed.
- Apply on your nails with the help of nail paintbrush
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes then wash.
You can apply this mixture several times throughout your day and see the magic just in few weeks.
You can store this mixture for up to 3 days in an airtight container and keep it inside the refrigerator.
4. Teeth Whitening with Eggshell
If your toothpaste is not working for your teeth and you are unable to get the desired teeth whitening, don’t worry, eggs are there to help you out! Yes, we are talking about Eggshells.
Keep saving your eggshells at home as they will help whiten your teeth. Follow the steps below:
- Wash eggshells thoroughly and leave them to dry in the sunlight.
- After they are dried completely, crush them in a mortar pestle and make a fine powder.
- Add baking soda and few drops of lemon in it.
- Use this mixture to wash your teeth twice daily.
- You will see a marked difference within a few weeks of washing.
5. Cure for Skin Burn
Do you get minor burns while working in the kitchen?
If your answer is Yes, then we have a solution to your problem. And, the solution is inside your kitchen in the form of eggs.
Whenever you face some minor burn immediately apply egg white on it and let it dry and leave it overnight.
As eggs are a good source of protein and our muscles are also made up of protein, it will help in quick recovery without leaving any burn mark behind.
Where egg white provides necessary dietary nutrients to your body, including your hair, nails, skin, and face beauty, other parts of an egg, like eggshells are not behind when it comes to teeth whitening. You also don’t have to spend a large amount of money on expensive Face masks as eggs are the cheapest way to make one at home. So, next time when you are planning to go out to the salon, don’t forget to check eggs in your kitchen!
Dr. Iqra Khawar
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously