If you’re like most people, you think of eggs as a breakfast food. But what you may not know is that eggs are also a natural beauty treatment with tons of benefits for your hair.
Eggs are packed with nutrients that are essential for hair growth and health. They contain high levels of biotin, vitamin A, and protein, all of which are necessary for healthy hair.
In this post, we’ll share some surprising ways and tips to use eggs for gorgeous and healthy hair.
Wait, let’s get some confusion out of your mind first.
Just two most frequently asked questions:
Are there any side effects of applying egg on hair?
Some people are concerned about the side effects of applying eggs on hair.
The good news is that they are safe to use on hair. In fact, eggs have been used as a natural remedy for hair problems for centuries.
However, some people experience an allergic reaction to eggs. If you experience any adverse symptoms after using eggs on your hair, stop using them and consult a doctor.
What does an egg do to your hair?
Eggs have been used as a natural remedy for hair care for centuries.
That’s because they are packed with nutrients that are essential for healthy hair. Eggs are loaded with proteins, vitamins B and D, iron, zinc, and lecithin.
All of these nutrients work together to nourish your hair and scalp, promoting healthy growth and preventing hair loss.
But that’s not all eggs can do for your hair, here are some more surprising ways and tips for gorgeous, silky, and shiny hair:
Egg yolks for shine and moisture
Egg yolks are rich in fatty acids, proteins, vitamins, and minerals which make them a nourishing ingredient for hair.
According to a research study published in Science Direct, an egg is a rich source of lipids containing 30% of lipids.
The fatty acids help to condition and add shine to hair, while the proteins promote hair growth and help to repair damaged hair.
The vitamins and minerals in egg yolks also help to keep hair healthy and strong.
Egg yolks can be used as a hair mask to provide deep moisture and shine, or they can be added to your shampoo or conditioner as a conditioning treatment.
Egg white in hair for volume
Adding an egg white to your hair is a great way to add volume.
The protein in the egg white helps to strengthen your hair and add body and fullness. It is also a natural clarifier, which means it helps to get rid of any build-up on your scalp or in your hair.
To use an egg white in your hair, follow these steps:
- Mix it with a little water until it forms a paste.
- Apply the paste to your scalp and strands.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it out with warm water, then shampoo and conditioner as usual.
The “Divine Locks” super nutrient is proven to “unpinch” the Dermal Papillae by rapidly creating BRAND-NEW Dermal Papilla cells…
Restoring the flow of nutrients to each strand of hair on your head.
Find out more here..
Whole eggs for balance
Eggs are an incredible food for your hair because they contain all the essential nutrients for hair growth.
Not only do they have biotin, vitamin B12, and selenium – they also have essential fatty acids, proteins, and minerals that are key to healthy hair.
One of the best ways to use eggs for your hair is to use the whole egg. The yolk contains fatty acids and proteins that help to nourish and strengthen your hair, while the egg white contains enzymes that help to remove build-up and cleanse your scalp.
To use whole eggs in your hair care routine, follow these steps:
- Mix one egg with a tablespoon of olive oil or honey.
- Apply it to your hair.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it out.
- Shampoo and conditioner as usual.
How often should you use eggs in your hair?
Eggs are a great source of protein, vitamins, and minerals, all of which are essential for healthy hair.
That being said, you don’t need to use eggs every single day. Twice a week is more than enough; any more than that and you might risk over-moisturizing your hair, which can lead to problems like greasy locks.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to add eggs to your hair care routine, Egg Hair Mask is the perfect solution. Apply it to wet hair, leave it on for 10-15 minutes, and rinse out for silkier, shinier locks.
The best way to use eggs in your hair
There are many ways to use eggs for hair, but here are the best ways to use eggs in your hair:
The most popular way is probably the egg mask, which is where you crack an egg, whisk it together with a tablespoon of olive oil or honey, and apply it to your scalp and hair. Leave it on for about 20 minutes before rinsing it out.
Shampoo with Egg
Another way to use eggs in your hair is by adding them to your shampoo or conditioner. If you’re using shampoo, add one egg for every two ounces of shampoo. If you’re using a conditioner, add one egg for every 16 ounces of conditioner. This will help to strengthen your hair and add shine.
Egg as Toner or Lightener
You can also use eggs as a lightener or toner. To do this, combine one egg with one tablespoon of lemon juice, and apply it to your hair. Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing it out.
Tips for using eggs in your hair
There are a few things to keep in mind when using eggs in your hair:
- Eggs can be a little messy, so you’ll want to make sure you’re near a sink when you’re using them.
- Eggs can be a little drying, so if you have dry hair, you may want to avoid using them often.
- Eggs can be used in a variety of ways, so if one method doesn’t work for you, try another. You can use them as a shampoo, conditioner, or hair mask, or even use the whites or the yolks separately.
- If you’re looking to add some extra protein to your hair, eggs are a great way to do it!
How long to leave an egg in hair?
There’s no right or wrong answer – it all depends on your hair type and what you’re hoping to achieve.
If you have oily hair
If you have oily hair, leaving the egg in for a shorter amount of time is best so that your scalp doesn’t become overloaded with oil.
If you have dry hair
If you have dry hair, leaving the egg in for a bit longer will help to add some much-needed moisture.
Generally speaking, we recommend leaving the egg in for around 20 minutes for the best results.
How to make hair soft using eggs?
- Eggs are a powerhouse of nutrients that can benefit your hair in many ways. Here are six of our favorite ways to use eggs for gorgeous, healthy hair:
- Shampoo with egg to help boost volume and thickness.
- Mix an egg with some olive oil and apply it to your hair for a deep conditioning treatment.
- Add an egg to your conditioner to help detangle your locks and add shine.
- Beat an egg white until it’s frothy and apply it to your scalp for a cooling and cleansing treatment.
- Whip up an egg yolk and olive oil mask to help hydrate and strengthen dry, damaged hair.
- Make a hair mask with honey and eggs to tame frizzy hair.
Eggs are packed with nutrients that are essential for healthy hair. By using eggs in your hair care routine, you can improve the overall condition of your hair and make it look and feel softer, smoother, and shinier.
Read more Health & Fitness blog posts.