Keto Friendly Starbucks Drinks | Low Calorie & Low Carb Drinks
Are you on the keto diet? If yes, then you are landed at the right place! This blog post will tell you everything about keto-friendly Starbucks drinks hacks that you can easily find at Starbucks and how you can order them.
So, what drinks at Starbucks are keto-friendly? Don’t worry, I have made it easy, you don’t have to research because I have done that part for you!
Below I have listed down a few of the keto-friendly Starbucks drinks and I am confident that you will have a new favorite in your drinks from today.
Let’s have a look at all of them!
Keto-Friendly Starbucks Drinks
- Low-Calorie Starbucks Iced Drinks (Unsweetened Coffee)
- Dolce Latte with Cinnamon
- Keto Mocha
- Starbucks Pink Drink
- Starbucks London Fog Tea Latte
- Starbucks Iced Chai Latte
- Keto White Drinks
So, we are dealing with the secret sugar sources, sneaky “skinny” alternatives, and swaps that may make your Starbucks drink successful.
Working Hard to Lose Belly Fat?
Avoid These Starbucks Drinks
If you are at the local Starbucks outlet looking for keto-friendly drinks, then we love your confidence!
However, think once more! Keto dieters must know just a few things before heading out to put their keto espresso orders.
In any other case, anybody might blow this low-carb weight loss plan in only a few sips!
Please note that all of our findings are on a 16 oz. Grande, not a Venti.
Drinks Containing Sugar
Most drinks on the Starbucks menu include sugar. One apparent place you’ll discover it’s the classic syrup at Starbucks.
This classic syrup automatically is available in iced coffee and iced tea, which you’d most likely assume are unsweetened. Not really you know, there is 20 grams of sugar in iced coffee!
They appear to place this in nearly each Starbucks drink so if I’m getting one thing new I prefer to ask simply in case. The one item that’s protected is the standard brewed coffee.
Whereas whipped cream is scrumptious and there are many keto choices out there, they aren’t available for Starbucks drinks. Whipped cream is filled with fats, however, it’s additionally filled with sugar and carbs!
Also, keep away from the caramel drizzle.
Steamed milk is available in most of the drinks at Starbucks and needs to be averted. You may ask them if they may steam heavy cream for you as a substitute, and they usually accommodate your request.
Most Starbucks drinks use half to 1 cup of milk, so the carbs can add up in the event you aren’t cautious.
Here is the breakdown of carbs in one cup of the different forms of milk options at Starbucks:
- Nonfat milk — 12 grams of carbs
- Two percent milk — 13 grams of carbs
- Whole milk — 12 grams of carbs
- Half and a half — 10.4 grams of carbs (by the way, breve means steamed half and a half)
- Whipping cream (Heavy) — 6.6 grams of carbs
- Unsweetened almond milk — 1 gram of carbs
- Soy Milk – 15 grams of carbs
The excessive sugar content material of milk makes it unsuitable for a keto diet in excessive quantities.
As an alternative, you may ask for half heavy cream and half water. Half heavy cream and half water is an efficient substitute for milk and cuts down on the carbs a huge time.
Unsweetened almond milk is an efficient alternative to dairy milk as well. Make sure to specify that you really want Unsweetened Almond Milk, in any other case it’s possible you’ll find yourself with the complete carb version.
Coconut milk is another choice however they don’t at all times have an unsweetened version.
Keto Friendly Starbucks Skinny Drinks
Skinny doesn’t mean low carb! Whereas it might be a dream to stroll in and simply order whatever “skinny” drink you needed, staying in ketosis at Starbucks simply isn’t that straightforward.
The quantity of steamed milk and all these pumps of sugar-free vanilla syrup (or your personal fave flavor) means most skinny drinks nonetheless have around 19g of carbs.
Starbucks labels drinks as “Skinny” when they’re low in calories, which usually means they might be excessive in carbs.
Sugar-Free Syrups Containing Carbs
Simply because it’s sugar-free syrup doesn’t imply it’s carb-free too. Every pump of sugar-free syrup comprises around 1 net carb and comprises an artificial sweetener known as sucralose.
Some folks keep away from synthetic sweeteners at all costs. I’m okay with treating myself every occasionally to a ketogenic Starbucks that uses a small quantity.
It’s necessary to specify the variety of pumps you need in every drink you order. The standard grande will get 4 syrup pumps so that you’ll most likely need to ask for one or two instead of leaving it up to your barista.
Starbucks Sugar-Free Syrups — 1g Net Carbs per Pump
- Sugar-free vanilla syrup
- Hazelnut Sugar-free syrup
- Sugar-free cinnamon dolce syrup
- Caramel Sugar-free syrup
- Sugar-free peppermint (seasonally available)
- Skinny mocha sauce
Keto-Friendly Starbucks Coffee Drink
Okay, now that you have already learned the basics of Starbucks drinks, now we’ll show you the way to order keto-friendly Starbucks drinks like an expert.
It is a checklist of among the fancier keto-friendly Starbucks options, however, you’ll be able to always order something extra basic.
I normally go for a brewed coffee with heavy cream and generally 1 pump of sugar-free syrup.
Low-Calorie Starbucks Iced Drinks (Unsweetened Coffee) — 3g Net Carbs
Nothing beats that mid-afternoon hunch for us like a nice low-calorie Starbucks iced coffee. Order it like this:
- Grande iced coffee, with no classic syrup. (A chilled brew coffee would also work).
- Order sugar-free syrup, two pumps.
- When you choose it unflavored, here’s a nice liquid Stevia you may carry with you and add-in for sweetness.
Dolce Latte With Cinnamon — 5.3g Net Carbs
This is likely one of the basic coffee drinks, and here we’ve given it a ketogenic twist. This has all the yum and none of the loopy sugars or carbs:
- Order an Americano, however with only ¾ water as an alternative of all the way full.
- Ask for the last ¼ to be crammed with a large splash of heavy cream, steamed. This offers you a creamy latte feel.
- Finally, ask for 2 pumps of sugar-free cinnamon dolce syrup.
Keto Mocha — 5.3g Net Carbs
Everybody is aware that the chocolatey goodness of mocha can’t be ignored. Since a “skinny mocha” continues to be high in carbs and sugar, here’s what to order to keep it keto-friendly:
- Order Americano Coffee with ¾ water and ¼ heavy cream.
- Ask for no whipped cream and no vanilla syrup — yes, they put mocha sauce and vanilla syrup in a mocha.
- Ask for two pumps of skinny mocha sauce, perhaps add one pump of sugar-free peppermint if you need a vacation treat — simply add 1g net carbs.
Low Carb Keto Tea at Starbucks
Hey, giving up your favorite hot tea or refresher? Don’t worry, Starbucks offers plenty of keto drinks for tea-lovers.
Keto Pink Drink — 4.5g Net Carbohydrates
You’ll likely love the well-known Pink Drink, which is why it’s on our keto Starbucks roundup. Here is the way to get a keto Starbucks Pink Drink. Your taste buds will say thanks.
- Ask for a grande Passion Tango, iced. Be sure to say no classic syrup!
- Ask for two shots (not a splash) of heavy whipping cream.
- Ask for two pumps of sugar-free vanilla.
Starbucks London Fog Tea Latte — 5.3g Net Carbs
Who doesn’t love the style of Earl Grey tea and the creaminess of a London Fog? Nobody. Here’s the right way to get this fall favorite:
- Order an Earl Grey teabag (or 2, if you are feeling wild).
- You’ll additionally need to do ¾ hot water and ¼ heavy whipping cream, similar to what we advised for a keto latte.
- Lastly, ask to swap the regular vanilla syrup for 2 pumps of sugar-free vanilla.
Starbucks Iced Chai Latte — 3.7g Net Carbohydrates
The spicy goodness of a Chai Tea latte is known to many tea enthusiasts. Nevertheless, due to the sugar syrups and carb-heavy milk, a typical Chai tea latte contains around 60g of carbs.
Here’s the keto swap, which comes out to below 4g net carbs:
- Make sure to ask for the teabag, not Chai tea syrup. This step is essential to cut down on carbs for this drink. (It’s additionally useful for an inexperienced tea latte.)
- You’ll additionally wish to get two ounces of heavy whipping cream.
- Lastly, two pumps of sugar-free cinnamon dolce syrup deliver out the flavor of the tea.
- Variations: make it a “dirty chai” if desired by including a shot of espresso, or ask for 2 tea bags for additional spice.
You’ll be able to change this order up with a natural tea as well.
Frappuccino — 5.5g Net Carbs
The trick right here is avoiding the liquid Frappuccino base, which is mainly just a large splash of gloopy sugar.
Nevertheless, for a couple of extra carbs than these other drinks, you possibly can still hit the spot without paying the price of 70-something grams of carbs!
Here’s our version:
- Ask for an iced coffee, no classic syrup, with additional ice.
- Then ask for 3 shots of your sugar-free syrup of choice.
- Now, you’ll want three shots of heavy cream.
- You’ll get the baristas to mix it, frappuccino style. It’s worth saying once more here that you just don’t need any frappe base or syrups.
- Simply say no to any drizzles, whipped cream, or different temptations. You are able to do it!
Other Keto-Friendly Starbucks Drinks To Order
White Drinks from Starbucks
Interestingly, some individuals think about this to be a secret menu item. Others think about it as the most effective tasting of all of the low-carb Starbucks drinks.
It’s a specific menu item (or possibly it’s only a specific order that a lot of people ask for) that uses unsweetened peach citrus white tea.
Heavy cream is added to the unsweetened peach citrus white tea, together with two to four pumps of sugar-free vanilla syrup. Ask for mild ice and you’re all ready for the drink
Here is the pro tip: Ask for the blended Keto White Drink!
That is what I wish to order on the weekends after I’m feeling like something fun.
- Flat white
- No steamed milk
- Half heavy cream, and
- Half water, steamed.
A flat white is a perfect variety of brewed coffee. Add some sugar-free syrup in case you are looking for it.
In conclusion, the most effective tip, each time you’re eating away from the house, is to speak with the servers and be certain you’re getting precisely what you need. It’s simple to order keto-friendly drinks at Starbucks and absolutely anything on the menu will be modified to suit your needs.
- Whereas there are a lot of available choices for a Starbucks keto treat, it’s vital to pay attention to the hidden sources of sugar and carbs.
- Be sure you ask for no classic syrup, keep away from milk, say no to whipped cream, and preserve sugar-free syrup to 2 or 3 pumps.
- Snacks at Starbucks are few and far between, so stick with cheeses or the Bacon and Gruyere Egg Bites. Eating at the house will be the better possibility here.
- Fortunately, we’ve still discovered a number of methods to get our coffee or tea fix whereas on a keto weight loss diet. Low carb Starbucks ordering takes thought, however is easy when you get a hold of it!
- With these tools and a great look at Starbucks’ dietary info, you can begin customizing your personal Starbucks treats, keto-style.
You may also like: