Pakistani Chicken Karahi | Step by Step Full Video Recipe
Seize some fluffy Naan! You must have watched a chicken recipe with a video on the internet, but a delicious recipe of chicken karahi video is here. Watch below:
What is Chicken Karahi?
Chicken Karahi, also Chicken Kadai, is an aromatic Pakistani and Indian chicken curry that is famous for its taste in both countries equally.
If you are traveling to Pakistan or India, you can find chicken karahi in most restaurants’ menus easily. It is often enjoyed with the hot naan or roti made in tandoor.
The recipe of chicken karahi is very easy and generally available and cooked at the roadside shacks (dhabas). It does not take more than 30 minutes to cook and the recipe of chicken karahi we are sharing with you does not involve finicky steps.
Variations In Recipes of Chicken Karahi
There are many variations in the recipes of chicken karahi in Pakistan and India. This is based on the taste requirements. Here are some:
- Kashmiri red chili powder may be substituted with any delicate chili powder.
- Be sure to cube the ginger very small so that you do get large pieces of ginger within the curry.
- To cut back the spice on this curry, reduce the amount of purple chili powder, garam masala, and ginger by half.
- To make the curry extra spicy and sizzling, add a sliced jalapeño together with the onions.
Chicken Karahi Recipe
To cook chicken karahi, you need the following ingredients:
- Chicken 500 grams
- Onion 1 small
- Salt as per taste
- Tomato 1 medium size
- Whole spices 1 teaspoon
- Yogurt 2 tablespoon
- Black pepper 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Ginger, mint, and coriander for garnishing at the end
- Green chili as per taste
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Oil half cup
As always, before you take the start and cook chicken karahi, please wash your hands properly to maintain hygiene and keep the environment and places clean.
Here are the steps on how to make chicken karahi in just 30 minutes:
- Add oil in a pot
- Now add onion and fry until it becomes light golden
- Add ginger-garlic paste and tomatoes and fry until soft
- Add yogurt and mix well
- Mix until they are combined together
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix for a minute
- Then add chicken and give a good mix with all the ingredients present in the pot
- Add a cup or half of the water and cover the pot
- When chicken completely tenders then increase the flame and cook until all the water dries up
- Garnish and serve with hot naan or roti
I hope you liked this recipe of chicken karahi. I am looking forward to you trying this at your home and giving me your feedback.
If you still have any confusion in reading the recipe of chicken karahi, you can always watch the full video at the top of this post or click here to watch it on YouTube directly.
I would love to get your comments and suggestions in the comment section below. This really helps me to bring new recipes for you. You can follow us on Instagram and tag your recipes, I will definitely comment on your recipe.
Check other delicious recipes: